Friday, December 20, 2013

Final Project - Utah Humane Society

For this final project I wanted to prompt people to look at humane societies in a whole new way, less sad and pitiful and more hopeful. I focused on the idea of finding your better half through adopting a pet, in this particular case adopting a pet through the Utah humane society. Typography is involved in all three billboards with the type as well as the logo, and especially so in the yin yang one because of the half black/half white text meant to emphasis the yin yang concept. The composition is made up of bilateral symmetry giving each man and dog equal importance and presence on the billboard. I also utilized Gestalt principles with regards to the logo by using closure and continuation to tie it all together as a whole. I really enjoyed this project in the end and believe that I accomplished my goal to create simple yet powerful billboards to prompt people to adopt from the Utah Humane society.





No comments:

Post a Comment