Friday, December 20, 2013

UAAC Brochure




With this brochure for the Utah Animal Adoption Center, I was really trying to connect with the people who would be looking at it by making it seem very warm, inviting, and family oriented.
My main goals with the pamphlet are to raise awareness about this adoption center, persuade people to adopt, show them why adopting is the best family option, and just overall encourage them to get involved with the adoption process.
Three different principles of design that I incorporated were:
Typography: I used a font that would make people realize that this is a serious issue, but not so serious that they don't feel that they are adequate to participate. With this font, the sizing, and the coloring, I really wanted the words to stick out and to be read by the viewers.
Color: I used two basic colors: white and purple. I chose these particular colors because they looked very relaxing and not too overpowering. When people read this brochure, I want them to be relaxed and not feel to overwhelmed at what is being shown. I used pictures to compliment those colors as well. 
Composition: I felt that the overall composition of this piece really tied everything. The shaping of the picture boxes, the alignment of the pages, and mirroring of some of the pictures at the bottom really helped to compose this piece and bring everything together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment