Friday, December 20, 2013

Band Posters

In my posters I chose to focus on Typography. I have always been fascinated with the written word and the way it presents itself. For the last poster I used little circles to represent light because when I think of the Lumineers I think of something being illuminated. I’m no professional when it comes to illustrator, so it was my intention to make each circle glow, but it proved to be beyond my skills. I also focused on the Gestalt principle of proximity. In the final poster, the letters are just made up of many little circles. Because of these circle’s proximity with one another, the form the word “Lumineers.” In the first two posters I purposely didn’t use a lot of color. When I think of the Lumineer’s music I think of simple, kind of folky-songs that don’t have a lot of surprising elements to them. I kept the posters and my themes because I think their music encompasses simplicity.  My posters are trying to inform people about this made up concert. I intended for the posters to capture the mood of this band’s music.



No comments:

Post a Comment