Monday, October 28, 2013

A fall-inspired symmetry

It just so happens that October is one of my favorite months of the year. I wanted to take a few pictures that showcased fall, so that's what I've got for this assignment!

 The first picture shows asymmetrical balance. The sidewalk divides the picture in half, but since I took the picture at an angle, the top half and bottom half are different sizes. The bottom half of the picture is shadier and darker, and the top half is sunnier and lighter, so they look like they're the same size even though the bottom is larger. The picture also looks askew because my shoes and the tree trunk are in opposite corners. I'm not much of a photographer, but I really like this picture!

In my floral design class, we made fall arrangements inside a pumpkin last week. This carnation is part of my design, and it's the flower that looks the healthiest right now, so I decided to snap a picture of it to demonstrate radial symmetry.

And finally, I went to a corn maze with some of my friends over the weekend. We took a lot of pictures while we were there, and I really liked this one of my old roommate and me. The picture is split down the middle by the aisle between the corn rows, and my friend and I are evenly spaced on either side of the aisle. I like that the central axis is actually just negative space between corn rows. So because of all that, this picture demonstrates bilateral symmetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment