Monday, October 28, 2013

Black and White Composition

Trying so hard to beat the Monday blue that I just let my world turned black and white today. Every time when we learnt something in class, the related images just everywhere. While waiting for my laundry, I found all the images in my apartment and took these three pictures.

1. Bilateral Symmetry

These two are my little elephant banks. The one on the LHS is yellow while the one on RHS is pink. This image with two "identical" elephants is divisible into symmetrical halves.

2. Radial Symmetry
The creations of Heavenly Father always amaze me. I cut an apple horizontally and found a star at the middle which I've never known an apple core can be like this and this is exactly what I want an image for having symmetry around a central axis. 

3. Asymmetrical Balance
We learnt that this kind of balance images are all about feeling. I am not sure if anyone will agree with me that this is an asymmetrical balance image. This one of our living room posters. For me, the dunking basketball player balance out the anxious players on the RHS of court. This is quite balance to me so.... ya, this should be an asymmetrical balance!

No comments:

Post a Comment