Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Composition From a Non-Composer

For this assignment, I decided to take choose only pictures that 
were on my computer that I had taken or come across previously. Here's what I found:

Despite the lackluster weekend, the first thing 
I thought of when it comes to bilateral 
symmetry is a football field. 
And, as a BSU fan, I thought 
of the wackiest 100 yards 
anyone will ever see. The central axis 
of the picture is the 50 yard line. Each 
yard line is a mirror of the other side, 
even each of the hundreds of
 hash marks are a mirror of their other half. 

It has been said that 
nothing is more 

elegant or beautiful 
than a rose. This particular
 photo that I took 
a long time ago was 
a perfect representation of 
radial symmetry. The center 
of the bud acts as the 
axis for which the 
petals surround perfectly. 
This photo perfectly captures
the essence of a radial 
picture without being 
perfect circles.


I found a similar picture to this one a 

long time ago and tried to recreate it. The dollar bill 
closest to the front of the 
picture denotes its value: 1 American dollar. The 
far end of the picture
is of far less weight in terms of depth, or
 so it seems. 4 American quarters: 1 American 
dollar. Asymmetrical balance states that 
two objects, either side of a balancing
point, appear to have the same visual weight. I 
took a different spin on "weight." 
They clearly are not of the same weight, in
the most traditional sense, but 
in a different traditional
meaning, both carry identical 
weight and value.


No comments:

Post a Comment