Tuesday, October 29, 2013

...SymMEtrY...

To me, this assignment was pretty easy, but at the same time it was rather fun. I enjoy going around taking pictures or looking through my previously taken pictures in order to look for symmetry. Examples of symmetry are all over the place and it is fun to recognize all the symmetry when you are actually looking for it.

Here's my first example of symmetry:
No, I don't have the ability to go take a picture of the JFSB from the top looking down without giving the impression that I found the picture online, but the very first thing I noticed when thinking this assignment was that this building we are meeting in is very symmetrical, in the bilateral form. Especially the second floor. As you look at this map of the second floor, you'll notice that it is perfectly symmetrical down to every single room and turn. It's fascinating!

My second example will be of radial symmetry:
Once again, we are in the JFSB. I wasn't able to get a perfect picture of this, but I did my best and got more than just a picture of the map where this is at. I've always loved spiral staircases and it's fun to see the radial symmetry of this staircase from the top looking down. I encourage you to go check this out after class.

And finally, asymmetrical balance:
This is the toughest one for me to find actually, but as I browse through the pictures I have taken recently, this picture of our dinner table outside at my brother's house has a very asymmetrical thing going on with those cups and the angles I have on the different cups. They appear different sizes because they get increasingly further away and they definitely aren't symmetrical bilaterally or radially, but you definitely get a visual balance as you look at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment