Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Balance



I took this bilateral picture while waiting for one of my classes to start.  My shoes and lets are equally balanced and divide the image in half.  



This is a picture I took of my Mom waterskiing.  I played with the depth of field by making the water spray closer to me in focus resulting in the actual subject being out of focus.  I like how this turned out.  I would say the composition of this photograph is asymmetrical which I achieved by using the rule of thirds. 

I took this photo of my cousin at her harp recital this weekend.  I was attempting to capture bilateral symmetry, but I think because of her body placement it ended up being asymmetrical balance.  Going into this assignment I thought asymmetrical balance would be the hardest to achieve.  I quickly learned that this is not true and asymmetrical balance is the most natural.  

This tire is an example of radial symmetry.  The design it creates looks like a flower to me.  Radial symmetry was the hardest balance principle for me to capture.  


No comments:

Post a Comment