Monday, October 28, 2013

Symmetry in All Forms

I looked for all three of the different symmetries as discussed in class to incorporate into my photos. I was able to find a couple different version of symmetry right in my apartment. For the first picture, it's of a mirror laying down on my desk, with my camera lens in the center. With the flash going crazy on the mirror, it initially was kind of a lame picture, so I admit that I did some editing to it. This photo shows a radial symmetry, just in the nature of the object being circular. My round camera lens in the center adds to that.


My next picture incorporates bilateral symmetry. If you divide the photo in half down the middle, each side would essentially be the same, minus the labels.


My last picture demonstrates asymmetry. The black photo frame is more in the front and sticks out more than the stack of stuff on the right of it. However, the other picture frame, put together with the set of P90X DVDs, balances out the differences in size and position. There is a balancing effect, and things are well grounded.



No comments:

Post a Comment