Monday, October 28, 2013

Composition Assignment

When I started out on this assignment I began to notice that there are many things just around my apartment that incorporate either radial symmetry or bilateral symmetry.  One of the first things that I noticed that had perfect radial symmetry was one of the speaker in my apartment.


Then after I took this picture, I noticed for the first time an hour glass in my apartment. When I started to take a picture of it, I thought that it would represent perfect bilateral symmetry; however, I soon found that it could represent asymmetrical balance, due to the black table and the beige wall, and also due to the amount of time left in the hour glass. The table beige wall seem to balance each other out in the photo, giving it that asymmetrical balance. 
Another picture that I took demonstrates a little bit of each one of these principles. It not only has radial symmetry, but also uses depth of the picture to draw emphasis on the central object (the front wheels lined up). I dare say that it also demonstrates asymmetrical balance as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment