Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A walk on campus





I like this picture because I think it has some asymmetrical features which cause the bench and the grass to balance each other out.  It gives the picture a sense of being balanced, even though the bench as the main object is in the right 1/3 of the picture.  Also, the lighting helps with the sense of balance, because the dark colored stones on the right, compared to the bright colored grass, makes the picture seem more balanced as well.



I saw the SWKT from the sidewalk at this point and realized that it looked perfectly bi-symmetrical.  I changed the colors to black and white because I actually took this picture at night.  Also, the black and white adds to the effects of the plain bi-symmetrical features.  


In this picture, I liked that your focus is on the leafless branches on the left 1/3 of the picture, but you loose focus as your eyes are drawn down the line of bushes.  What is interesting is that the bushes to the right, seem to have more leaves, but actually all of the bushes had around the same number of leaves, but because they go out of focus, they seem more dense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment