Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Symmetry Symmetry Symmetry

I definitely thought that this was going to be a tough assignment to do when we first heard about it. I didn't know how I was going to find objects with this kind of symmetry, but as I looked around and looked through photos that I had taken from previous trips, I found that there are so many things that are symmetrical that I hadn't even thought of. An example of bilateral symmetry I found was this photo of a bridge in London. If you cut this bridge in half, it would be a perfect mirror of itself.


This next example I found is of radial symmetry. Not the whole photo, but the little details on top of the stained glass are symmetrical because every petal originates from a central circular design.


The last photo I found that is an example of asymmetry is this photo of a river in Cambridge. On one side of this river there are boats and a tree, but on the other side is just grass. If you were to cut this photo in half, you would be left with two very different views of the same river.


No comments:

Post a Comment