Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Composition Snapshots


I've always been fascinated with how the human body is perfectly bilaterally symmetrical, so I took this picture of my feet with tile as the backdrop, which also has bilateral symmetry.  Although very simple, I like this example of bilateral symmetry.  The shallow depth of field makes for an interesting picture.

The top of this pumpkin has radial symmetry.  This picture has shallow depth of field, because its focus is just on the top of the pumpkin, and more specifically the stem.  I found this to be a very interesting view of the pumpkin, because the stem was actually broken off.  From the side view, the stem is actually really ragged and uneven, but you can't really tell in this picture, looking down at the top of the pumpkin.

 This is an arrangement of pictures on the wall at my house.  My parents received the large painting as a gift, and surrounding it are pictures of each of my siblings and me in front of the temple.  This arrangement of pictures has an interesting asymmetrical balance.  Although the painting of the Salt Lake Temple is significantly larger than the other pictures and is off-center to the left, the placement of the small pictures around the painting, four on the right, two on the left, creates a balance that is aesthetically pleasing.  This picture has long depth of field, because its focus is on all seven pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment