Monday, October 28, 2013

Symmetry All Over

For this assignment, I took pictures of things that already demonstrating the different forms of symmetry that we talked about in class. I found these as I was walking around this weekend.
This photo was an example of asymmetrical balancing. I found these two bottles and I thought that they balanced each other in a way that seemed to be of the same visual weight. The bottle on the left with a ton of black and some white space at the top, while the bottle on the right is mostly empty with white space, while there is a little black spot at the bottom. At least to me, it seemed like they balanced each other in a weird way.

This photo is pretty obvious. I feel this is a perfect example of bilateral symmetry because it obviously is equal on both sides. Drawing a line right down the middle, it would fold over perfectly. I was wondering what I would use for this picture, and it seemed pretty obvious once I got downtown on Saturday.

This final photo implements radial symmetry in a really good way. I wish I could've gotten it closer to see the lines around the center. The 5 leaves that sprout outward are a really good demonstration though and it was one of the coolest ones I found, that I wouldn't have recognized without this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment