Monday, October 28, 2013

Composition

This is in the MOA, my friend and I were looking at art this past week. This shows Bilateral (but not exact) symmetry: there is asymmetrical balance as well in the different size of the paintings. The earthy neutral colors also balance this picture, which made me realize that color can be a big part of composition. 
This is a picture of my younger sister and some Halloween skulls sitting on a table in front of her. This is symmetrical as well and also involves shallow depth of field and shows distinct foreground and background images. There could be radial symmetry in the skulls as a focal point. 
This is me on a train in Heber and it demonstrates using the rule of thirds. By shifting the focus over just a little bit, the composition becomes more appealing to the eye and balances the picture better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment