Monday, October 28, 2013

Composition/Photography

My first two photos are examples of radial symmetry. 
 This first picture also uses the rule of thirds, as the center of the plant is slightly off center to make the composition more interesting. 
My second picture isn't perfect radial symmetry, but I think it also contains a little bit of bilateral symmetry because the umbrella kind of divides the subjects into two halves. 
I took this last picture during the summer and I think it is a good example of asymmetrical balance. The curved line of the sidewalk and the curved line of the mountain help to divide the composition into two. The sky region seems to balance out the sidewalk and grass region because they are shaped similarly and are roughly the same size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment