Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Bees and babes

In my picture or the flower, I employed radial symmetry by photographing a flower that shows symmetry around the central axis of its circular middle. In regards to aperture, I used a shallow depth of field so the flower and the bee became the primary focus.

In the picture of the two girls, I used bilateral symmetry by placing each girl on either side of the middle of the street. Even though their looks and poses are not identical, the feel of bilateral symmetry remains because of their positions in relation to the lines on the street.

In the picture of my friend Todd longboarding, I employed asymmetrical balance. Todd acts as the balancing point inbetween the two non-identical forms (the blue square and the yellow square). Because I placed him using the rule of thirds, the two forms on either side of him feel inexplicably balanced.




No comments:

Post a Comment