Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Photosition

My first photograph shows bilateral symmetry. If you were to take the temple and fold it in half, both sides would be the same. Most architecture is designed with this type of symmetry in mind, but even without the building, the picture itself represents bilateral symmetry because the temple is centered in the middle of the picture and divide the picture in two. It emphasizes the subject in the picture by making it the center of attention. I took this one in St. George at the temple. Bilateral symmetry makes a statement and a point. 
My second picture shows radial symmetry form the rose center and how it spirals outward, but draws your attention towards the middle. It also has a shallow depth of field, which emphasizes the rose and blocks out the rest of the greenery around it. I took this one in my garden where my landlord has planted some magnificent roses. I think radial symmetry creates movement and motion in photography. It eliminates the harsher elements and hard lines.
My third picture shows asymmetrical balance because each side of the picture is a little different but have an equal weight in the picture. The photo is "balanced" but the side are not the same. The subject is centered but uneven because he is standing on one leg. I like asymmetrical balance because it makes photography interesting and unusual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment