Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Newb

I really enjoyed this assignment even though I have practically no real experience behind a camera other than my phone. I had heard of aperture, shutter speeds, and focal lengths, but this assignment forced me to understand what they are and how they're used. That being said, most of my photos look like they were taken from an eighth grader's photography portfolio, but I can accept that. I am a newb, and we all have to start somewhere.


This first photo was taken at the unfinished complex on State Street up in Orem. It incorporates bilateral symmetry because each side of the photo is symmetrical, even though they are not identical. It incorporates the law of thirds since the glasses-shaped awnings are on the top third of the photo.



This next photo incorporates radial symmetry where the yarn meets at the nails. I'm sure a pro would have done a better job with this photo, but I think it looks cool.



I messed around with the aperture and focal length to take this picture. I like how messing around with those setting turns this into a picture of Orange Juice instead of a picture of a red bowl with OJ and plates in the background. This one is probably my favorite, but that might be because it reminds me of the bacon and eggs I ate shortly after taking this photo.



I'm sure everyone who get's a camera where you can adjust the aperture and focal length takes this same picture on the first day, but I don't care. I still think it's cool. I messed around with the aperture and shutter speed and put the camera on a tripod in my living room. I took the picture and spun the camera around in place on the tripod a couple of times before the shutter closed. So technically, what you see is a picture of my entire living room, just overlapped on top of itself. Like I said, probably not too exiting for those experienced with a camera, but cool enough for a newb like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment