Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Composition and stuff



I LOVE FALL! Though there are slight differences on either side, the composition of this picture revolves around bilateral symmetry, being practically identical on either side of the divided yellow line. By photographing the road this way, I was attempting to increase depth in the photo and make the road appear endless.





This is a picture of my husband pretending to jump off of a cliff at Zion's National Park to get away from me... ;) Here I specifically incorporated the rule of thirds, as well a slight asymmetrical balance with him on the left side of the image, towering above the stream on his right. The purpose of this photo (artistically speaking) was to give a unique emphasis to my husband through the blurring of the background, while still drawing attention to his surroundings through the asymmetrical balance.




In this photo, my incredibly adorable nephew and niece are demonstrating asymmetrical balance through her height in contrast to his, as well as the tree that sits behind her that adds visual weight to her side. The photo was taken this way because, even though my niece consumes a greater majority of the photo, the composition allows each of them to draw attention to themselves in different ways, and displays the relationship between the two.




- Haley Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment