Monday, October 28, 2013

Symmetry

My first picture incorporates bilateral symmetry. From the base to the top of the temple, it can be split down the center. It also got me thinking, that the Provo temple might also have radial symmetry. Now, I've never had an areal view of the temple, but I imagine it would apply.


Next, I have radial symmetry.  I think this is my least favorite form because everything about it is symmetrical! It doesn't feel unique. Plus I tend to overthink perfection. So, I settled with this simple picture of a flower to demonstrate radial symmetry.
My last picture is asymmetrical symmetry. I always say that you can't appreciate the mountains until your right up in them. From this view you can see the various slopes and hills of the mountains. While cutting the picture in half would not deem a mirrored image, the mountains across the picture on either half leave  the view feeling balanced and not weighted.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment