Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Photography Techniques

I chose this photograph I took of the ocean from my aunt's balcony to show how the sunset and water together show bilateral symmetry. It's not completely identical on both halves, but it is pretty close. It's also just a beautiful photo and an amazing view of the Pacific Ocean. 

For radial symmetry I took a picture of the top of a fire hydrant. I never would have thought to even look so closely at a fire hydrant if it hadn't been an assignment, but I was surprised by the number of things I could have used in this category. 

Lastly, I took a photo of the administration building to show asymmetrical balance. This building is cool, because depending on what angle you look at it, it fits either symmetrical or asymmetrical. I looked at it from an angle, and decided that the picture is balanced because of the people in it and the height of the flag pole in comparison to the width of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment