Tuesday, October 29, 2013

comp comp composition

This is a picture that I took when I was in London, England this summer, and it is an example of asymmetric balance. The balance of the picture is kind of off centered and contrasted between Big Ben in the background, and the lamp post/bus up close. The eye wants to focus on the main image, which one would assume to be big ben, but it is not the center of attention in this photo.
This flower represents a radial symmetry in the sense that it could be cut in half horizontally and remain symmetric.

Although this picture does not show the bilateral symmetry of this building, I still wanted to include it because it does, in fact, show symmetry. This picture was taken this past summer when I travelled to Madrid, Spain. I was so amazed at the beauty of the building and how everything on the building was so perfectly symmetrical. It is absolutely beautiful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment