Tuesday, October 29, 2013

composition around the world

This first picture is an example of shallow depth.   While I was a missionary in the MTC, my companion and I took pictures of each other while on a trip to the Provo temple.  I took one of my companion that looks the same as this one, she took one of me like this.  Here the focus is on my name tag and my image and the image of the temple is blurry in the background.



The second picture I took of my sister while in Italy.  This is an example of asymmetrical balance.  She is on the very left side but is balanced out by the wall that protrudes out on the right as well as the mountains jutting out on the right side.



The third example is an example of the use of the rule of thirds. The photo is taken in Jerusalem and is divided into thirds with the emphasis being on my friend on the right side of the photo.






No comments:

Post a Comment