Thursday, October 31, 2013

Photos, take 2!

Bilateral symmetry
 the dreaded stairs!! They are the WORST. But i thought that this picture with the stairs in the middle and tress of different colors on each side was beautiful. I had never taken time to look around me as I walked up them because I'm always in a rush to get to class. They aren't the same trees on each side, but the fact that there are trees gives it a nice balance.

Asymmetrical Balance
 The Duck pond! I have always found ducks hilarious animals. This duck was just sitting there, seeming to contemplate whether she really wanted to jump in or not. I also like all the negative space created by the water on the left side with the focus of the picture being on the right. To me, it portrays the uncertainty of the water for the duck, and the uncertainty of the impending winter for her.

Radial Symmetry
Tennis, my passion. I tried to get a shallow depth of field on this, but iPhones don't really cooperate. Too mainstream! But i liked the repetition of the ball, with the racquet in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment