Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Smile, Like You've Got Nothing to Lose.

Zero Words

As you can see, the principles I used in the creation of this are similarity and continuation. Where your mind has to decide what to focus on and believe. These are all similar objects but each section has very different conotations. The question I would ask is which side do you notice more? Why do see that?


Gestalt in my day-to-day life.



In these ads found in the BYU planner, this was the one that stuck out the most. The continuation of the giraffe is appealing and draws my attention to the add. Also the similarity of the coupons with the identical bar codes creates a proximity that makes me curious to know what they are offering. 

I'd be interested to now if the creator knew he was using these powerful principles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment