Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Reflection I can't share

I've always been fascinated with light. There is so much to learn about life through observation of light. What General Conference has not included at least one talk drawing some analogy concerning light and some aspect of the gospel? I took a little trip into my own conscience to understand a little more about light as I stumbled upon some accidental light.
As I came out of the HFAC I came upon a reflection in a puddle of water that showed a tree in the distance. As I snapped a photo on my phone I noticed that the reflection was not showing up. I noticed that this image was only possible in that moment. That the light (the Spirit) and the puddle of water (Baptism) provided a once in a lifetime image that cannot be recreated.

          So are many things in life. I cannot recapture many moments. Sometimes it is even impossible to record it (as evident by my camera failing to capture all of this). I could only truly experience the moment by actively living in the moment. 

-C. Pace

4 comments:

  1. This is a great way to look at simple surroundings and recognize the symbolism that is in them. Everything testifies of God, and this is a great example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to look at simple surroundings and recognize the symbolism that is in them. Everything testifies of God, and this is a great example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting-I appreciate your observation towards this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree with you more. So often are we obsessed with capturing the moments of our lives to share them with others (like with pictures to put of Instagram) that we forget to actually live those moments.

    ReplyDelete