Thursday, September 12, 2013

Accidental Art

On my walk to Macey's on Tuesday I looked around for things that were accidentally artistic.

 There was an area purposefully filled with rocks but there was one single plant growing out of the rocks. The plant/weed was not supposed to be there and all by itself it drew attention and felt artistic.


 I guess it's possible that someone purposefully crossed these pink plastic spoons when they littered them on the side of the street but most likely, it was accidental.


At a construction site, I noticed that the cracks in the dried mud made an interesting pattern or design.


I noticed a straight line of dead leaves on the edge of a grassy area that stood out and felt like it could be art.


There was a spill stain on the pavement that I photographed. After I photographed it, I found that both the purposeful and accidental cracks in the pavement along with the stain and other markings created a very interesting composition together.


8 comments:

  1. I think that first picture is awesome a plant surfing in a field of rocks. It can give us strength to be a lone standing plant in a field of rocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool that you recognized all the different things that were going on. It's also cool to think that there is always something going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the mud reflects the chain link fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great insight on these pics. Interesting how all these things seem mundane until looked at in a different light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't underestimate Mother Nature. She'll eat your fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture with the leaves all lined up. To me, this is the most significant piece of "art" because it shows the contrast between these two completely different, yet similar things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos. I like that some patterns were stop by something. For example, in the first picture the rocks had a clear pattern but the plant growing between the rocks gave that contrast that made the picture look different and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the way you framed the concrete stain picture, and I like how the lines in the mud correlate with the chain link fence.

    ReplyDelete