Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Accidental Art- Tree

I go for a run every evening. Since I am still unfamiliar with the Provo area, I run the same path every single night. At this point, however, I am starting to recognize a few major landmarks, houses, and parks; but nothing too small and out of the ordinary.
            When I received this assignment, I knew that the best time to complete it was during my nightly run. This time allows me to be stress free and clear my mind, so my chances of discovering unusual artwork would be much higher. It wasn’t until I made it to the end of 400 East (by the train tracks) that I noticed this unusual, yet beautiful tree. It was frail, and most of the leaves at the top were on there way out!
            Half way down the tree, however, was a rare and healthy branch. I found this to be stunning art because of the fact that it is not something that you see everyday. I am grateful for this assignment because it forced me to open my eyes to some beautiful things in this world.





3 comments:

  1. That is pretty cool how new life can spring up from the decay of other things around it. Most people would say that the tree is dying, but the branch shows the determination of the tree to continue living until its time has truly come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the juxtaposition of nature to the synthetic. The tree with the train in the background is so interesting. How has this one tree survived when the others haven't? How has it survived among the urban?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Katie. Two things in one image that both move. One a lot quicker than the other.

    ReplyDelete