Thursday, September 12, 2013

Time Observation: Light


I decided to do an observation of time.  When I started to think about the project, I first thought  that I have to find an object that went through a whole transformation due to time. But then, I look through my window and something really caught my attention. Everyday the light tells us that time is passing. We know that when it gets dark is time to bed when there is light is time to wake up. This is one of the mechanism we use to know that time is really going by. Even old civilization used sundial, this device is used even nowadays and tells us the time of the day by the position of the sun. 
For this experiment I just look through my widow for half hour and change of light was impressive. I was amazed by how the light change the environment and how different the same place look. 

10 comments:

  1. I think this is fantastic! Light is the most important passage of time in my opinion. It's what tells us when to wake up and go to bed (most of the time) it dictates our schedules and everything! I just love the idea of going back to a tried and true passage of time and finding a new spin on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are beautiful. I love how the shadows become sharper over time--maybe you could make a gospel analogy about trusting the Holy Ghost. (The more you rely on that guidance, the more clearly you can see the difference between good and evil, just like relying on the light makes the shadows stand out more.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are great! I think we often overlook the simplest ways we have of telling time. Although it's probably more convenient to check our phones every half hour, it's pretty neat to be able to recognize the time of day by looking outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cool idea. You were able to think beyond objects and into things like colors, contrast, and lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, I really like this concept. I am super guilty of over-thinking any creativity. So this struck me as something a lot more simple yet still very well thought out. I like that you included that you first thought you'd have to find an object transform over time, but rather light is something that changes our perception daily. COOL idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true! Also, light can tell us how longer periods of time pass. Like in the winter, light takes longer to show and disappears faster. It's an interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true! Also, light can tell us how longer periods of time pass. Like in the winter, light takes longer to show and disappears faster. It's an interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is clever! I was too intimidated by this project to take on, so I am very impressed at the creativity in finding a way to calculate the passing of time. Beautiful pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's your last name?-so you can get credit.

    ReplyDelete