Thursday, September 12, 2013

Accidental Art: New Perspective, New Stories

    We all know nature is beautiful and man has made some beautiful things. I feel like we pass amazing things everyday and sometimes see them and sometimes we don't. As I know today I was intentionally searching for this accidental art I wanted things that made me think about the how and why.



This is simply the walkway outside the library and the Wilk. This is the first thing that really was accidental but identified as an object for me. I see the five worn (or unworn depending on outlook) spots from old planters and clearly see the five dot side of a die. It was tough from the angle to capture it let alone focus on it and give it it's own frame. Regardless I think it is a cool sight and has a clear form and a story behind how it happened.




One mans trash is another mans art. I like this because it is so unintentional but says so much. This in many ways demonstrates a day in the life of a BYU student. There is so much to infer about each object how and why it is there. It is also only part of the photo. It contrasts with a unique angle away from our daily perspective. It is something that looks good though you never think of beauty or art on a trash can. Sometimes we just look from a different perspective and find something more.

Mitchell Marshall

5 comments:

  1. I really like how your thoughts also incorporate the passage of time idea. If an archaeologist was to come and investigate the things that you took pictures of I'm sure they would be beside themselves to find the marks of pots and trash. I thought it was interesting because it was signs of the past. Cool stuff to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second picture was really cool especially with the idea that each object is there for a reason and there is something that we can infer about that object.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many people came and looked at the trash can after they saw you take a picture? I would love to know what they saw, or rather, how they viewed the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude that is really cool how you came to see art in something so disgusting!! Haha great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude that is really cool how you came to see art in something so disgusting!! Haha great job

    ReplyDelete