Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What You Find When You're Not Looking

For my assignment I decided to wander aimlessly. Which I most definitely did. I'm quite good at doing this even when I'm not assigned. I had quite literally no purpose and no idea what I was doing. I was already in Springville for the day and decided why not wander aimlessly in this town where I very seldom visit? So after I got done with my errands I took to the streets. I didn't know what I was doing or where I was going or even if I was going to be able to get home. But along my way I found some very neat little hidden treasures that were awaiting me in Art City, USA.


Fun fact: Did you know that every year Springville holds an art contest and the winners get put right on Main Street? I didn't either... Here's a cat.

Along my path I found:


  • Some weird cement that was actually incredibly cool because it was almost see-through (judge me all you want- It was awesome)

  • A crazy wall telling me where to park my car
  • My dream home (currently a real estate office, but that can be fixed)

 

So basically my aimless wandering was very fulfilling. I got to experience a different part of Utah Valley that I would have never seen otherwise. Sometimes I get caught up in the business of the day, but when I slow down and take the time to look around, it's easy to find beauty anywhere all around.

3 comments:

  1. I saw that house on my wander and I AM IN LOVE. It's a beautiful house. I love your last line, about slowing down and taking the time to find beauty. On my wander I realized that too often I am rushing places and don't appreciate the little things all around that make life meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This concept is incredible. We can find so many beautiful things when we are not looking. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those leaves painted on the side of the building.

    ReplyDelete