Thursday, September 12, 2013

What if...

I have always liked the idea of asking "what if" questions because they always bring about really interesting answers. So for this assignment I just started writing down a bunch of questions, just stream of consciousness. It definitely sparked more creativity than I thought it would and actually caused me to do a little daydreaming right in the middle of the day. In a way it acted as not only a creative activity but also a break from any other normal day. Here are some of the questions I asked myself:

- What if college was just a test before the real one?
       Then we would all be in school for a really long time, but also we would probably be really smart by the time we reached "real" college. We might also die a lot younger as a result of added stress, which could make for some population problems. 
-What if sleeping was actually reality instead of our awake time?
    Then the world would be a lot more interesting, because so much more can happen in dreams, essentially anything is possible. 
-What if homework was fun?
  Then there would be no procrastinators and we would all get pretty good grades. However than the problem arises of there being no slackers to balance the super studious students. But is that really a problem? 
-What if pictures really did take away a piece of our soul?
 Then everyone with a Facebook would be soulless, so I guess than we would pretty much all be zombies or serial killers...though I'm not sure which is worse.
-What if our siblings were actually our parents?
 Then who are our parents really? I guess it would make sense why my older sister was always bossing me around then.

Below is the image of my thoughts as I wrote them. They are arranged in different shapes, some just made up, in hopes to show that ideas don't always connect but they are still worth writing down as they can spark unexpected creativity.


6 comments:

  1. My roommate's dad found out when he was 16 that his "sister" was actually his biological mom and his "parents" were actually his grandparents. Apparently he had a really hard time with it (duh). Talk about a thought experiment come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If our sleeping time was actually reality, life wouldn't make much sense because no ones dreams interact with each others. It would get lonely after a time. Almost anything is possible in dreams, that's true, but our minds are the things that conjure up every aspect of our dream. Other people's minds are not involved, so we would lose a lot of perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If pictures did take a part of our sould that'd explain why everyone has something bad to say about our generation. We've taken 1000 too many duck face photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminded me of the new "Walter Mitty" trailer! Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "What if homework was fun?" Although if homework was fun, would that mean downtime is something to dread so we all just do homework all the time? Opposites....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "What if homework was fun?" Although if homework was fun, would that mean downtime is something to dread so we all just do homework all the time? Opposites....

    ReplyDelete