Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Time observation

The were questions about time that have been in my mind for a long time. Why when we have too many things to do it seems time passes fast? And why when we go for example to a small town it seems time is slower? I was thinking about this and came up with this idea: our perception of time depends on the events that we observe. So the less we observe, the slower time will seem to pass. So in theory, if we remove all the events in the timeline, "time will stop". As I sit in this chair at home, even the smallest events like blinking my eyes or, my heart beating will help me perceive the passage of time. I was sitting for a long time and I heard my neighbor coming home to pick up something and some time after, he left. That was another sign that time passed. All these events tell me the passage of time. 

2 comments:

  1. Considering time is an interesting topic. Mind if I throw a wrench in your progression of thoughts about time? The older you get, the faster time seems to fly by. Everyone I know who is significantly older than me says this is true and I find myself looking back and wonder what happened to the past year or years.

    ReplyDelete