Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tree Lessons



I decided to go on a ride and drive. As I am unfamiliar with Utah, I drove and soon got lost in a neighborhood. Naturally, the next best thing to do was to get out of my car and walk. I walked for quite some time taking a picture every two minutes. I eventually arrived at this tree. It caught my attention and the shadows just added to the beauty of it all. I was excited to find something so beautiful that I wouldn't have known existed. The best part was that this was not a work of landscape design of sorts, but rather the tree, growing as is. Perhaps, I also realized that some of the most beautiful works of art are just as they come in nature. Perhaps, we ourselves, are beautiful people the way we are too. 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, when we stop to look at the things around us we realized how much we miss in the busy rush of life. I've started riding my bike around and I'm seeing so many things like this. I loved the picture, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AWESOME find! This is what I looked for for my project but could never find it! I wanted the trees to do something really special and just one certain angle. And here it is you found it! Not to mention the cool effects of the setting sun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Profound! Sometimes the beauty is beyond the surface. I wonder if there is a story behind that tree: why have the owners not cut them down? Were they "beautiful" before? Are they now dead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cool you took time to stop and look at something that does not typically stand out. The shadows the trees create and the backdrop of the trees is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice. Many times we just walk without noticing the beautiful things around us like these trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my glob! This is a masterpiece. Where are these trees?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your last thought was really thought provoking, "Perhaps, I also realized that some of the most beautiful works of art are just as they come in nature. Perhaps, we ourselves, are beautiful people the way we are too". wow. beautiful photo that also really made you think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good observations and comments.

    ReplyDelete