Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Soccer Pattern on The Pear.

There is a pear tree on my way home. You can easily find the rotten pears under the tree. Walking home on the night after staying in the library for too long, I found an unexpected pear on the ground. Usually you can find the rotten pears being stepped on in a normal way, they are rotten, flattened, and darkened. However, this time I found an unusual one around 11:30 p.m. It was freshly stepped on with a special pattern. It looked like exactly a flattened soccer on the ground. The pattern can not be seen so clearly in the picture though. I have no idea how that pear was crushed. Maybe there was an alien having soccer pattern feet and stepped on it. Yet, the newly pattern on this rotten pear actually became a successful art to me.


6 comments:

  1. I don't really see the soccer ball shape but I believe that's what you saw! It is interesting that two different people can look at the same thing and see such drastically different images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, good eye! It's tough to stop and "smell the roses", if you will, during a busy day of a brisk walk. And I think stopping to look at the rotten pears is even harder! But you did it and you looked long enough to find art in it. Thanks for the good example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those dang aliens with the soccer feet! even looking at the way the pear squished out is kind of cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture with your feet in it is great considering the soccer ball you saw in the smashed pear. My first impression of smashed fruit is usually, "Ewww..."; I don't think I would have been able to find the soccer ball pattern myself, but I can see after you've pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you see that in the dark? Or probably the better question is how did that pattern even occur? Good observation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally see it! I love stepping on fruit, especially lemons. You get that nice citrus smell and it's just great.

    ReplyDelete