Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dry Spots after the Storm


I've always been fascinated by water and how it is such a force to change things. Water is everywhere and everything depends on it. When it rains I almost always run out in it to just feel water pouring down me. After work one day it had just stopped raining and the car next to me had just driven off, leaving these beautiful dry spots in the soaked pavement. I thought they looked kinda cool and decided to take a picture of it for this creative assignment. Nature always has a way of making things look amazing


10 comments:

  1. That's some weird looking water spots but its interesting to look at. I need to notice those more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Patrick that you were able to recognize this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you looked to the ground to find this "accidental art." We often look around and up so much, that we don't see what is right beneath our feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cool thing about this is that it's not a permanent piece. It could never be put into a museum before it tried up and yet we still consider it art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree! Nature definitely has a way of making unusual things beautiful! I too love the rain, so your post was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool!! Doesnt even look like asphalt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good eye! Wouldn't have ever noticed that contrast of wet and dry. Such an interesting perspective

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's random where each droplet of rain falls, so similar to a snowflake each water patch is going to be different. It's a once in a life time piece of art that can't be replicated. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete