Thursday, September 12, 2013

Accidental Walk to School

For this assignment I tried to be better at setting limitations and seeing what could be accomplished with restraints.  I decided that I would try to see accidental art on the walk between my apartment and campus.  Setting the limitation of finding art on this specific path really opened my eyes to beauty that can be found almost anywhere.  I had the limitation of where I could find these examples, but the walk itself ended up taking three times as long as it usually did and I came away with over 40 images from this one walk.

This really helped me to see the beauty in the "ordinary" and also reminded me that time needs to be taken in order for me to truly open my eyes.  I easily get caught up in work and in school and budgeting my time down to minutes that I have available, but it is when I take a step back and let go of my schedule that I am truly able to create things.  I really appreciated having this assignment to remind me of that.




9 comments:

  1. Over 40?! That's insane- that's super cool and I like the pictures you chose for this. It really does take some time and a different thinking to see things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking across campus you never see someone just walking without being consumed with their phone conversation or music. I like that you just walked and observed. It opens up a lot of opportunities not only to see beautiful things but to talk to people as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where was that leaf imprint? That's way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of pattern, both natural and man-made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cool to see all the different patterns forming an almost rhythmic art style; like a link between music and visuals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the perspective of your photos, they were done obviously with much thought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it amazing to think that there is art even in the small ordinary parts of our lives. Next time I walk to school I should do this exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The moss growing between the bricks is my favorite because man makes something and nature has a way of getting back into our lives and producing beautiful colors for us to enjoy. Nature makes the manmade creation even more majestic.

    ReplyDelete