Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Accidental Art: Parking Lot



Going to Cafe Rio with my roommates today, I realized that we were in a REALLY ugly parking lot. I have no idea what happened this this poor parking lot, but there must of been a lot of cracks or re-laying or something of the sort to cause tar lines to be squiggled everywhere. But just taking a frame of it, or a cropped close-up of the scene, could well fit into the category of urban or accidental art. Composing the squiggles into a photograph turned an ugly aspect of urban product into a piece of abstract art. This parking lot certainly had a sense of uniqueness to it that sets it apart from many other parking lots I have seen recently. 

5 comments:

  1. Yes. This is the kinda stuff I love. It gives the ground character, which in my opinion is way more interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. This is the kinda stuff I love. It gives the ground character, which in my opinion is way more interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell that water ran in a straight line down the parking lot and really abused that part of the lot. I wonder what the engineers were thinking when they made this parking lot and if they ever anticipated their beautifully paved lot to become distorted and engraved.

    ReplyDelete