Thursday, September 12, 2013

What if they weren't?

The idea of thought experiments took me back to how it felt when I was a kid. "Mom, why does... do that?" or "Papa, how does...  work?" The curiosity that children have, their abundance of humility and acknowledgement of ignorance is what makes them so wonderful! It's what made us so wonderful! It is the root of imagination and creativity. No borders. No known lands. Just one big open canvas with endless colors and possibilities.

This creativity experiment was hard... It really took me a while to get some thoughts out. Interestingly, I noticed that a lot of my questions revolved around people, and specifically people that I knew little about, like my grouchy grandpa and Cecil...


5 comments:

  1. It is interesting that you associated specific people with your questions instead of just asking a very broad question. It's pretty funny that you thought of Cecil as a rapper. Maybe he could be the next P. Diddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can someone please autotune Cecil's latest speech from the devotional?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I can't imagine Cecil in that way! Super funny! This makes me realize how our own personal concept of the status quo and how specific individuals should or should not behave could easily get in the way of establishing new habits, talents, or exploring different opportunities. Great thinking Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought you said Cee Lo and I was expecting something about t-Rex arms, but then I reread it and now I get it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your poster. I bet if Cecil was a hardcore rapper he'd be selling millions of records. I think he should have one album named "Woosh Cecil". I can see him going platinum.

    ReplyDelete