Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Accidental Art

I went for a walk not sure if this was going to work. Luckily, I found some really cool things and I was definitely surprised. I took a total of 10 pictures, but these were the ones that turned out the best and that I felt were the best art ones.


 This first one was just dirt on the ground and it looked like a weird shaped "Long Neck dinosaur." The body rises up on the left side into the head at the very top and there are short lines below the object that look like its legs.


 
 This next one was definitely easier to see in person. I came up on this mailbox and there was all of this scratched paint. By looking closely, you can see a darker line near the middle top and it looked like a diving board to me. Right above it is a straight line and it definitely looked like somebody jumping getting ready to jump off. The water would be the dark spot at the bottom of the side of the mailbox.
This last one was my favorite. I was walking along the sidewalk and came to this dirt trail. As I walked around it, from this angle it looked like a rocket ship blasting off with the explosion being the dirt "cloud" at the bottom of this picture.






All in all, I was surprised by how many "pieces of art" there were in the area surrounding my apartment. It was cool to be able to think outside of the box and recognize things I would've never recognized without this assignment.

2 comments:

  1. I like this concept Reggie. I wonder why all of the dirt in the last picture was actually there. It seems like there could be a story behind all of this art. Cool post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job finding art in very ordinary sights. Cool post.

    ReplyDelete