Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Art from the Bark

After class on Tuesday I was thinking about how to find art in something that maybe I wouldn't normally see beautiful. I walked back to my apartment with new eyes. I was noticing everything. I noticed crumpled up trash in the road and posters on light poles that I had never seen before. I came to a tree and noticed that the bark had a really cool design and a mix of colors. I think it might be this time of year that does it to the bark, but I found it fascinating. I love that this piece of bark is also so unique to this tree and probably no where else will this pattern appear with these colors. I zoomed in on the bark and got this really cool picture.

6 comments:

  1. I think anything in nature could be art but trees are some of the most beautiful things. I think this picture is awesome and a great form of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photo. It's amazing how part of the larger whole can be so beautiful. It makes you appreciate the detail Christ put into creating our world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picture. Many times we do not notice nor appreciate everything that is around us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photo. It is interesting how beautiful nature becomes when we look at it with a different perspective

    ReplyDelete