Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Accidental Art: Searching for serendipity

I took a stroll around Salt Lake's Temple Square. My camera hung from my neck as I searched, awaiting the moment of serendipity: the moment I would accidentally discover something fascinating. My feet began to grow tired and my morale steadily declined. I started to think, "Maybe I don't deserve serendipity. Maybe it's mocking me because I'm consciously seeking it out." Then it happened.

I suddenly realized how parched I was. I approached the nearest drinking fountain, eager to enjoy its liquid refreshment. My finger met the magical button and the water appeared. But as I bent down to partake, my attention quickly diverted. Shiny. Reflective. The quality of the water fountain's surface entranced me. Needless to say, my camera fell in love with the spectacle as well.

7 comments:

  1. Amateur artists wait for inspiration, professionals create it. Anything worthwhile requires a least some effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part about this is that it's a perspective within a perspective. Like inception. By far the coolest execution of this creative assignment I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pic. I like how your process made it truly "accidental".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Water images are incredible and this was a nice accidental and unique way to approach it. Great picture love the green.

    ReplyDelete