Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Accidental Art: Pictures in the Paint Chippings


Do you remember when you were younger when you would lay on the grass on a beautiful sunny day and look up at the clouds and see all the different shapes of clouds and try to figure out what they looked like? Or perhaps you are like me and you still do that today. But have you ever done the same thing to the curb? Especially the curb with old chipped red paint? No? Neither had I until tonight, but it is quite the accidental artistic masterpiece. Just take a look at this picture and tell me what you can see? Can you see the ghost coming out of the chimney? Or maybe he is just floating there in the sky.I also see the letter P. Or maybe it's an R. Or an O. Or maybe it's some sort of monster. Or if you look at it right, it could be a brontosaurus. Speaking of dinosaurs, can you see any other dinosaurs in this picture? How about the house that is on fire? Or perhaps its just a cabin on the base of a mountain. Or perhaps that is an avalanche. Can you see the van driving across the highway? A shoe? A plateau? What about a dog sniffing the ground? Or the umbrella floating in the wind? Oh the possibilities are endless. And no, I didn't just make all of that up. They are different pictures that I saw as I kept looking around at the different shapes. And now that I got you all playing an intense game of Where's Waldo or I Spy as you try to look for all my things that I described, how about if you stop finding my things and tell me what you see? I bet you can spend hours just staring at this picture. Or maybe you should go find your own curb with chipped paint on it and stare for hours while imagining all the funny looks you are getting as people are trying to figure out why you are just staring at a curb. Little do they know...

3 comments:

  1. the chipped paint looks great-artists try to mimic that look all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real question: Can you legally park there? Half red paint, half cement... Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cool, I have definitely never thought to do that. Good date idea, "We are just gonna lay on the road for an hour. Tell me what art you find."

    ReplyDelete