Thursday, September 12, 2013

Accidental Art

I realize that this is a picture of a trash can... BUT there are a few aspects of this picture that I loved, and honestly I would have never noticed were it not for our project.  First and foremost, I want to draw your attention to the designs in the mud that were created by the rain.  Second of all, I loved all of the different shades of brown here.  You have the dark brown mud, the light brown trash can, the rusty light post, and also the light brown reflections in the water.  I also appreciated the angles in this picture.  I like the angles of the mud, and the triangular shaped reflections of the water.  I am always in a hurry and am quickly trying to get from one part of my busy day, to the next.  But during this walk, I realized several beautiful things that I know I would have missed out on if I would have been in my typical hurry.  Hurray for accidental art projects!

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree, life is so fast paced. It's nice to have a reason to slow down and "smell the roses."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your description of the photo, especially how you called attention to all the shades of brown. These were things I didn't immediately notice when I looked at it but as I read your description, I started to appreciate the art in it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mud is pretty but I appreciate how you captured the rain falling and the effects it had on the puddle of water. Without the rain falling it would have been a still puddle reflecting the surroundings, but here the water becomes alive as the puddle comes alive, reacting to the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mud is pretty but I appreciate how you captured the rain falling and the effects it had on the puddle of water. Without the rain falling it would have been a still puddle reflecting the surroundings, but here the water becomes alive as the puddle comes alive, reacting to the rain.

    ReplyDelete