Thursday, September 12, 2013

Passage of time. Washer Edition



               So i'm currently sitting on my bed. But I just started a load of laundry. My whites to be exact. By twisting the knob and pulling it, I will cause a timer to begin. Now the whites cycle is 15 minutes from when I pull the knob. My current location on my bed is within earshot of the washer, so I can tell that approximately 15 minutes will pass before I hear the rinse stages of the cycle begin. That's a pretty quick cycle if you ask me. It was a large load too. 

               My dryer on the other hand is a different story. It's drying settings are: More Dry, Normal, or Less Dry. So I can't really keep track of time when i'm drying cause I don't know what "Normal" drying time is. I can hear it, but it doesn't help me keep track of time. 







6 comments:

  1. Haha nice. I wouldn't have thought of that to help with documenting the passage of time, but that was really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. I like how you made the comparison, too, of the washer and dryer and how only one is helpful in keeping track of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you used a household chore for this assignment. I bet that it made doing the laundry that day just a little more interesting and maybe next time you will think about this assignment when you're doing your laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an interesting point. Passaging time with a washer and dryer. It is such a common thing sometimes we forget to analyze it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting way of seeing the passage of time. Sometimes I do my laundry and go on the Internet and in a few seconds my clothes are ready! It takes like 2 hours for that and it passes so fast when I am having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because of your clothes being able to be washed so quickly, that has freed up time for you to do other duties, be creative, rest, lie on your bed. Because of the conveniences today, how effectively are we using that extra time we do not spend washing our clothes?

    ReplyDelete