Thursday, September 12, 2013

Stepping on Potential Art


































I took a walk. I looked for accidental art. Everything I was taking pictures of just looked like junk to me. So instead I took a picture of something accidental and made it into art or something I could use. This is a repeated, because people are fond of patterns, picture of an x-shaped crack in the sidewalk. After I made the pattern I liked the background it made and decided to make it useful. Thus, I have stationary created by textures in "nature" and something we walk on top of suddenly becomes meaningful. 

By the way, I practiced not telling myself it was dumb quite a bit for this project. 

7 comments:

  1. I really love this idea! I love that you took the accident and made it into something even more. To me art is about creation, and you took this accident and created with it, to make art. It's fantastic and I am really interested with how you thought of doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's super pretty! I like how you combined two different elements to create something beautiful, even if you didn't see the beauty in the separate parts originally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you and the convincing of self that what you're doing isn't dumb. It took me about 30 minutes myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. I think this is more creative than just running into something, taking a picture, and calling it art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you expressed your creativity in a way other than just taking a picture of the crack in the sidewalk. I would have never thought of applying the pattern to design a special background for stationary. If I were to write on it, I might try to use a font or color that would resemble sidewalk chalk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you actually took the time to make the accident artistic. That takes a real artist to have seen the potential of one crack in a sidewalk. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to take the assignment to a whole new level! I would never have thought to take that approach! :)

    ReplyDelete