Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Keeping Track of Time in the HBLL

I have been in this library for 1.5 battery charges. That's how I've been keeping track of time. I came with my laptop full of battery, I had to charge it when it went to reserve power, and now it is back down to 50% power. That is way too long to be in the HBLL, if you ask me. 
Another way I've been keeping time is by how many people leave/enter the library. 38 groups have entered or left. I belong with those that have left.
Also, this guy in front of me must be very uncomfortable. He keeps switching positions. He hasn't been here for more than 8 groups of people, but he has switched positions 4 times. 
Another guy to my left keeps eating Altoids. I had a brief conversation with a friend from freshman year for 2 Altoids. And I've been writing this blog for 3 Altoids. Maybe I'm taking too long to write this? Or his breathe is just terrible.
Now 42 groups have walked by me.
For a bigger measurement of time, I've counted how many times I've gone to the water fountain. I've gone twice. I should drink more water.
44 groups.

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting ways to track the passage of time. It's interesting what we can notice if we stay in the same spot for a long period of time. I wonder what that person's rate of breath mint consumption says about them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tracking of time by the altoids! It's funny how we would probably never notice someone doing something small like that (eating altoids) until we are put in a quiet, isolated situation. The library is a great place to people watch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used altoids to keep track of time. Need I say more? It's cool to kind of use the quirkiness of everyday life as a way to keep track of time. Those aspects of life are usually overlooked, but you certainly embraced them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you chose to keep track of time by battery charges. I go through about 3 a day during school days. It really makes you think about how much time your actually wasting just sitting around on your computer. So creative, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So when I read yours I just thought how I would never have been creative enough to come up with those ways to measure time. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Altoid observation is unique. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete