Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Taste of the World in One Walk




I found this gem outside the door of the quaint little shop Enliten Bakery and Cafe on Center Street. The Path to Enlightenment. My path was certainly enlightened as I traveled around the world just by walking around Downtown Provo. Within a few blocks I could smell the different aromas that accompany popular cuisines found in different countries. I never realized just how many restaurants and hidden dives there are to be found. All within a five minute walk of each other. You can find your classic American favorite-- burgers, fries and shakes. Step around the corner and you'll travel across the ocean to Vietnam with a warm bowl of Pho. Walk down the street and you will find yourself tasting the wonders of waffles and frites from Belgium. Cross the crosswalk if you are feeling Italian. Keep going and you will end up in South America with some delicious Mexican food! Who knew you could hit almost all seven continents on one street? I sure didn't...



I discovered my favorite little dive known as Sammies has changed its name, and probably its owner, to Zeek's


Pho is a common Vietnamese food


Bruges Waffles and Frites provides diners with authentic Belgian cuisine


Gloria's is classy little Italian restaurant


Los Hermanos showcases colorful benches outside, reflecting the Hispanic culture




1 comment:

  1. Provo is home to a lot of different cultures. This was cool to see how many you found.

    ReplyDelete