Sunday, January 10, 2016

My Perception and Misconception of Downtown Provo


An Old Fashioned Barbershop 

A Little Piece Of Paris

An Unexpected Face In An Unexpected Place

Do I question why this is here or should I just accept it?

A Garden Terrace 

Throughout my wanderings in the small allotted distance in downtown Provo I was amazed by some of the unexpected things I discovered. I ultimately realized that not only did I not know downtown Provo very well but it also challenged my original perception of what I considered it to be. I believe that we have a tendency to internally label or judge something before we take the time to explore or get to know it better. Provo has a reputation of being a small town that is overly saturated with college students and young families. What most individuals would not expect is the culture that is found on every street. From restaurants that offer food from all different nationalities to impressionistic art pieces and romanesque statues, Provo is full of hidden gems waiting to be discovered. The places that held some of the most fascinating discoveries were usually in the places that I had least expected them to be. My experience taught me that nothing is always as it seems. Some places will surprise us when we least expect it but it can only happen if we take the time to explore them.

I found the swimming pool.



1 comment: